attachments to incoming emails

sheila.weston 15:10 24 Aug 06

After a recent computer repair nearly all the incoming emails have attachments which are actually copies of the message. How can I stop this annoyance?

Thanks for any help.

Sheila

ade.h 20:57 24 Aug 06

I have no idea, but this'll give you a bump from P2.

VoG II 21:00 24 Aug 06

Which e-mail program do you use?

coolkid2 21:02 24 Aug 06

how do you get the TM sign VoG

ade.h 21:03 24 Aug 06

Character map.

sheila.weston 12:36 28 Aug 06

I am using Outlook Express. Funnily enough none of the messages from pc advisor, telling me there was a reply to my thread, had an attachment. Most of my other messages (but not all) did. Odd.

DieSse 14:17 28 Aug 06

Possibly you have OE to only receive emails in text mode. Then text only ones will be received OK, but HTML ones will be received with the HTML version as an attachment.

Look under Tools - Options - Read and see if there is a tick in the box "Read all messages in plain text" - if there is, try with the tick taken out. This will only affect new messages, probably.

sheila.weston 16:25 28 Aug 06

You'ved solved the puzzle. Yes, I selected the text option - thought it was meant to be safer?
Many thanks.

sheila.weston 16:32 28 Aug 06

Mmm............ No, there isn't a tick in the 'read all messages in plain text' box. But I know that I changed the 'mail-sending 'format to plain text - surely this wouldn't affect the *incoming* messages. I've ticked it and will see what happens.

sheila.weston 16:32 28 Aug 06

Mmm............ No, there isn't a tick in the 'read all messages in plain text' box. But I know that I changed the 'mail-sending 'format to plain text - surely this wouldn't affect the *incoming* messages. I've ticked it and will see what happens.

sheila.weston 10:10 01 Sep 06

Still not resolved. Is there any way of deleting the attachments if I 'select' them all? Why should messages from PCAdvisor and a couple of support places NOT have the attachments?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac