Attachments in Hotmail

roygbiv 13:50 13 Feb 03

Sorry if this sounds simple, How do you put more than 1 attachment in a email?. Is it just a case of attaching each file ?. (eg. 4 files= 4 attaches, does it make sense?)

Ben Avery (Work) 13:53 13 Feb 03

is to put all your files into one place first (on your desktop maybe) then stick them all into 1 WinZip file and send the whole lot as 1 attachment (plus it cuts down the file size making your upload/the recipients download quicker).

roygbiv 16:07 13 Feb 03

I know it sounds stupid (but just to recap) How do you do that (from the Desktop part?). What if the recipent has no WinZip?.

Ben Avery (Work) 16:45 13 Feb 03

Select all of the files you want to send. Then copy and paste them to your desktop (or to My documents, anywhere you will be able to find them)

Next, select the files you want to send so they are all highlighted blue. Then right click on them and select "Winzip" then "Add files to <>" or similar.

Process may vary slightly depending on your setup but this is the gist of it.

Then open hotmail and when you click on the add an attachment button, all of the files will be in the WinZip file you have created.

Most people have WinZip but if they dont have it, let them know that it can be downloaded for free from here click here

Ben Avery (Work) 16:47 13 Feb 03

Oh, you can also "drag and drop" onto the winzip file to add additional files to it.

Sir Radfordin™ 16:50 13 Feb 03

Just remember there is a limit on what you can attach (less than 2mb I think) so may be better to send 4 emails (1 per attachment)

cdb 16:56 13 Feb 03

Hotmail's limit is 1meg. (for your inbox) If you already have files in there, the email might not be delivered. You can attatch all 4 as 4 attatchments as you suggested, but it might be better to send them as 4 separate files

Ben Avery (Work) 16:56 13 Feb 03

Yeah I forgot Hotmail only gives you 2MB. Still, it will work well for smaller files.

roygbiv 16:58 13 Feb 03

Thanks everyone (you have put my mind at rest)
Thanks again

cdb 17:00 13 Feb 03

The inbox is 2meg. The file+attatchment limit .is 1meg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…