attachments deleted on received emails.

Nessie 23:47 23 Jun 03

I have a friend who has just installed explorer 6. Now everytime she downloads an email with an attachment the attacment is being deleted. Any idea why and how to solve this. Thanks.

jazzypop 23:54 23 Jun 03

Open Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > Security, untick 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus'

Note that you should have a decent anti-virus programme installed if you do the action outlined above ( I suggest Norton anti-virus).

To bypass the attachment block for a message that you absolutely know to be safe, select the message and choose to Forward it - the attachment will then be revealed.

The behaviour has changed, because the new version of Outlook Express that is downloaded with IE6 has a higher default security setting.

woodchip 23:57 23 Jun 03

It is the security feature you need to make some adjustments in the program Preferences in Outlook Express to allow Attachments through. There is a setting but cannot remember whare it is as I now us Netscape

Terrahawk 23:57 23 Jun 03

asuuming your friend is using outlook express
doouble click outlook express to open
click on tools at the top select options go to the security tab at top and uncheck do not allow attatchments to be saved or opened

Nessie 00:00 24 Jun 03

Thanks everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…