Attachments in AOL mail.

Meshuga 19:33 05 Nov 04

Can anyone help please. My daughter has a laptop and i am trying to send pictures to her but she does not know how to open the attachments. Unlike OE,which is just a matter of clicking on the paper clip, aol is apparently different. Can anyone give me a step by step approach that I can email to her. Also, is it possible that attachments can be blocked by aol and if so how do you unblock it. She lives too far from me to be able to physically help her. Meshuga.

Djohn 19:42 05 Nov 04

Unless the attachments have been blocked by your daughter, [She can unblock them form preferences] Its just a matter of her looking to the top of the email window and she will see a message saying that the mail contains an attachment. If she clicks on that it will open the attachment. j.

Newuser1970 19:56 05 Nov 04

Unlike Djohn although the attached file is indicated at the top of the email you cannot open it by clicking on it.
At the botton left of the email box there is a button 'download'.
Double click and a box appears asking if you know the source of the email.
Click 'yes'.
It will then show a dialogue box to download the attachment - the folder is usually 'AOL download'.
You can change the folder if you wish - I download mine onto my desktop.
And thats it! Good luck.

Diemmess 19:57 05 Nov 04

If you send say a jpg as an attachment and your daughter opens the mail, she will see the attached file at the bottom left corner of the email window.

If she double clicks on that it will offer to download for her, and ask where to save the file.

She can either accept the default or choose from a browser button the place to save it......At the end of downloading, the prompt is to open or close the file.

If she has saved it she can happily close it and open at leisure from the place it has been saved.

Meshuga 20:36 05 Nov 04

Djohn, Where does she find <Preferences> please. I am totally unfamiliar with aol.

Newuser 1970, My daughter has mentioned something along the lines of your message but said that it didn`t work.

Diemmess. Thanks, I am going to print all responses and send them to her. My thanks to you all for helping. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…