Attachment tries to open as Nero media file

rosebank 11:33 08 Jan 07

I have received an email attachment which should be an excell worksheet but the type is shown as "NeroMediaPlayer media file". When I press Open it comes up in Word as rows of gobledigook lettersssssss ! I recently installed Nero program. How can I get it as an excell file ?

johnnyrocker 11:50 08 Jan 07

if xp open my computer /folder options/ file types scroll down to the type of file in question and select what it says it opens with and change to desired opening method.

johnny.

rosebank 13:53 08 Jan 07

Thanks johnny,there are several Nero media file types listed,any idea which one refers to incoming email ?

Rtus 14:04 08 Jan 07

right click the attachment & select open with

Rtus 14:05 08 Jan 07

sorry bally fat finger syndrom .....point it at excel

rosebank 14:44 08 Jan 07

Thanks Rtus,still no luck.The incoming type still shows as a "Nero media file".
As johnny suggested I tried changing every nero file one at a time with no luck.
How could Nero have changed the type of incoming file ?

Rtus 18:58 08 Jan 07

last time I had experiance of this ,turned out to be a bitmap not excell sheet however it had been picked out from nero back-up compressed file . anyway check the file extention of the attachment & post back with what it is ....

bonze 11:34 12 Mar 07

When I receive a jpeg attachment in an e-mail it tries to open in picasa and i would rather it opened in windows Iam running Xp service pack 2 How can I alter this.
Ian

Rtus 17:30 12 Mar 07

Posting in a resolved thread leaves you likely to go without an answer .maybe starting your own thread might help more!

Jake_027 17:47 12 Mar 07

Then right click it,and select open with.

If excel is not listed there then click choose program and have a look at other programs to see if excel is listed there. If it is select it, then check the box "always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then click ok.

If excel is not there, click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office XX\Excel.exe, then ok, click the box "always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then click ok again.

It should work now

Jake

Jake_027 17:48 12 Mar 07

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office XX\Excel.exe

Where XX stands for a 2 digit number

10 if ofice xp,
11 if office 2003
12 if office 2007

etc

Jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…