Attachment sent can't be opened by recipients

Shikaree 19:43 07 Apr 08

HI folks,

I do some voluntary work. The Head of this organisation sends me documents to check & send to Listed Members. I can open what she sends me but when I send them out they can't open up my Word Document. Can you please tell me what is the best way to send a document by e-mail so all can access it.

Thanks

Shikaree

VoG II 20:00 07 Apr 08

Are you both using the same version of Word?

skidzy 20:01 07 Apr 08

Saves me trying to explain,all info is here click here

Or get them to download Word Viewer click here

Shikaree 21:39 07 Apr 08

VoG™

Are you both using the same version of Word?

Don't know what versions the recipients who I send the attachments to have.

skidzy,

Thanks for the Links I will take permission from the Coordinator and send them each a Link so they may be able to open up the document.

Shikaree

DieSse 22:22 07 Apr 08

"Can you please tell me what is the best way to send a document by e-mail so all can access it."

pdf is the best way.

Primo pdf (free) will enable you to "print" your documents to a pdf file.

pdfs are standardised - all systems (inc Linux and Apple) can read them. The reader program is free, and most systems have it already.

Plus it outputs a document that will always look like the original - even if the receiver doesn't have the right fonts, doesn't have Word etc - and is almost always a smaller file to send.

Plus you can output almost anything to a pdf file - a spreadsheet, a picture, whatever.

Primo pdf writer click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…