attachment from e mail

Newuser3477 15:10 16 Jun 09

Please help me to open attachment from my Hotmail account. I know this attachments are the photos only and is safe. It is from the member of the family. This is block by Hotmail not from Internet Explorer
Windows Live Hotmail has blocked some attachments in this message because they appear to be unsafe.

BurrWalnut 16:04 16 Jun 09

Do you mean you have a Hotmail account within Windows Live Mail?

If so, open WLM > Alt key > Tools > Safety Options > Security Tab > remove the tick from ‘Do not allow attachments………….’.

Newuser3477 14:09 23 Jun 09

When I open the Tools, I cannot find the Safety Options hence I am unable to go futher and find the security tab

Sea Urchin 14:22 23 Jun 09

When you click the Tools menu the three bottom options are Accounts - Safety Options and Options

lotvic 14:27 23 Jun 09

Are you talking about Windows Live Hotmail (as in Webmail via Browser Internet Explorer) or Windows Live Mail (email prog on your pc)?

either way you need to add the sender as 'Safe'

Newuser3477 14:36 23 Jun 09

I bring up my hotmail via click here and sign in. The window says live hot mail. The tools menu does not include accounts, safety Options or another "options" so am I in the wrong window. Do i have to go to the mail windows then options? I am clearly using the internet browser. More help welcome thank you

Sea Urchin 18:18 23 Jun 09

"Windows Live Hotmail has blocked some attachments in this message because they appear to be unsafe".

OK so you're using the Hotmail on the website. Just beside the message above you should have an option to Show the Attachment.

Sea Urchin 18:26 23 Jun 09

I think the exact wording in your message header would be Show Content. But as lotvic says above you can get round this by adding the sender to your Safe Senders list.

Taken from Hotmail Help:

Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live ID ( The user name and password that you use to sign in to any Windows Live, MSN, or Office Live sites and services. If you have a Passport Network, Hotmail, or Messenger account, you can use it as your Windows Live ID. ) .
Open your Inbox, and then double-click the message that you want to allow or block.
Do one of the following:
If the sender isn't on your list of Safe senders but you want to add the sender to the list, click Mark as safe.
If the sender isn't on your list of Safe senders and you want to delete this message and block any future mail from the sender, click Junk.

–or–

If the message is a phishing (Falsely claiming to be a legitimate business to send you to a fake website or scam you into giving out private information.) e-mail, click Mark as, and then click Phishing scam.

Newuser3477 14:18 30 Jun 09

This is the message from the email when I open my mail from the sender.
3 attachments
Shortcut ...lnk (0.6 KB), Shortcut ...lnk (0.6 KB), Shortcut ...lnk (0.6 KB)

If you're having problems downloading attachments, please sign in again and select "Remember me on this computer".
Sign in again

When I open the TOOL, I cannot find SECURITY. Why? Please help.

T I M B O 14:24 30 Jun 09

I too have had this same problem, what i did in the end was to email it to forward it to another email of mine. Hope this works for you also !!

T I M B O 14:25 30 Jun 09

Thats good grammer lol, I sent my email with the attachment to another email address of mine.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…