Attachment being sent with every e-mail......

Rimini84 15:36 19 Oct 07

Can anyone advise?

It seems that every e-mail I send has an attachment included, needless to say it is not suppose to there!!!!

The details are :

OISgiffile. 145 bytes

It doesn't seem to have been picked up by my virus checker or the Hotmail virus checker so I have done a Norton full system scan which has found a few tracking cookies and a Trojan which it cleared, but it still seems to be happening.

Has anyone any knowledge of such events?

Thanks.

xania 15:41 19 Oct 07

Looks like you're trying to send a picture in the form of a .gif file, but that IP address does not rings any bells. Are you using any form of template for your emails?

Rimini84 15:51 19 Oct 07

No just normal MS Office Outlook. It only seems to have started this morning.

anchor 15:59 19 Oct 07

Try searching for the file OIS.gif and, if found, delete it.

Technotiger 16:00 19 Oct 07

Hmm, sometimes anti-virus programs put what looks like an attachment on sent emails, but it is usually only a small script saying something like "This email has been checked and is virus free" or words to that effect.

On the other hand, your PC may have been hijacked or hacked in order to spread nasties. Have you tried sending an email to yourself, to see if there is any mention of an Attachment - without opening the attachment, if any, of course.

Rimini84 16:02 19 Oct 07

Thanks will try that, just done a search on the IP address and it's based in San Francisco California USA

Technotiger 16:04 19 Oct 07

Some info about OISgiffile ...

click here

Rimini84 16:06 19 Oct 07

Tried sending an e-mail to myself but nothing, also all incoming e-mail don't show any attachments. So I sent one to my Hotmail and lo and behold there it was. It passed the Hotmail virus scan and that's how I got the info on it. It opens in Office Photo Manager as a small white square.

Technotiger 16:06 19 Oct 07

Has anyone using your PC been on YouTube? That IP Address picks up all-sorts, including YouTube when entered into Google.

Rimini84 16:07 19 Oct 07

Thanks Techno

Rimini84 16:08 19 Oct 07

Yes my wife loves You Tube.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…