attachment is all little squares and lines ?????

Magik™ 16:32 11 Feb 03

i have some text sent as attachments to an email, but they always come out as loads of squares and lines, is there anyway i can put it right, cos it was ok when it was sent.thanks

AndySD 16:37 11 Feb 03

what type of file are you sending as maybe the other person does not have the program to view them

MoiraB 16:40 11 Feb 03

Get the sender to save it as a plain text file (i.e. with the extension .txt)you'll lose any formatting but you should be able to read it.

Magik™ 16:41 11 Feb 03

hi, it is the other way round, i have the file, and i have just got in touch with the sender and it was passed on by them, so he does not know.

:-((

Magik™ 16:42 11 Feb 03

is it too late for me to do anything?

Gongoozler 16:47 11 Feb 03

Magik™, sounds to me like the same thing as AndySD said but the other way round. If the files were sent from a word processor, then the recipient has to have a compatible reader, with compatible fonts installed.

medicine hat 16:49 11 Feb 03

Programs such as click here allow you to view many file types and convert it to a file that can be used in one of your applications.

Magik™ 16:52 11 Feb 03

blast.....the link is not running....

medicine hat 17:16 11 Feb 03

Quick View Plus click here is very good for the job but a hefty 10MB download

Magik™ 18:06 11 Feb 03

thanks i will try it, it must be a bit busy at the moment, but i will get it..thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…