Attaching video clip into Emails

Boy Zone 16:54 19 Dec 05

I have been asked, "How do you send video, captured from a still compact camera?
I presume the video is "quicktime format", and has video + audio. They only want to send 30Sec of video.
Can it be as simple as attach the file within outlook express?
I know some ISP don't like files bigger than 2 MB. I assume that both parties will need quicktime to play the video.

Devil Fish 16:58 19 Dec 05

depending on the size of the file you should b able to attatch it it just depends on wether your mail provider will accept it

when you create your email click on insert file attatchment then navigate to the file

Stuartli 17:06 19 Dec 05

If you right click on the video file and then Send To, you will be able to Send it to Mail Recipient.

The e-mail message will then appear with the attachment included and you can add the address of the receiver etc.

Boy Zone 18:23 19 Dec 05

Thanks for your input,
I have tried your suggestions, as the file size is over 3 meg, although it appears to have been sent, when I check on my own PC the attachent does not appear. This might be due to my or my friends ISP provider.

Devil Fish 19:12 19 Dec 05

it may also be outlook express security if you are using version 6

open outlook express click tools then options then the security tab look down under virus protection
then uncheck do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus

see what that gives you

anchor 13:02 20 Dec 05

You could consider using "YousentIt". Upload any large file up to 1Gb, and your recipient can download from there. They receive a link by e-mail for this download.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…