Attaching speakers to a computer

Amer 15:50 02 Jan 06

Hi,

This may be a dumb question, so apologies in advance if it is.

I have a Sony Desktop computer (P4, Windows XP Home)and want to change the speakers that came with it. The current set are unusual in that they plug directly into the back of the desktop unit into a small DC output socket located on the fan/power supply. This powers the speakers and I assume provides the sound output to them as well.

I want to buy some upgrade speakers which I think have there own power supply, whivh I can plug in to mains as per normal, but I can't work out where I will plug them in on my desk top to ge the sound output. The back panel has various sockets, but none apparently for audio output. It has headphones, microphone, line in, etc. but none for external speakers.

Any advice appreciated

Regards

Amer Khalil

ade.h 17:06 02 Jan 06

Are there no conventional sound outputs on the back of the case?

For 2.0 speakers, it would be green normally. There may well be a bunch of different coloured outputs if it supports, say, 5.1 speakers.

ade.h 17:07 02 Jan 06

It should be next to those other outputs that you have described.

DieSse 17:21 02 Jan 06

You use the headphone socket normally. If you have a headphone in there already, then you need a socket doubler (alsmost any radio/components shop).

Or you get USB headphones (that's what I've done).

Amer 00:38 03 Jan 06

Hi

Thanks for all your help.

Will see if the headphone socket plays ball as I have no other audio outputs available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5