attaching pic and not have it appear in the mail

johnnyrocker 23:58 16 Nov 05

message as well, i am sure i saw a post recently about this but i did all sorts of combinations in the search panel and could not find it. using oe win xp pro sp2 prob something simple but would apprreciate a pointer as to how to resolve this

johnny.

Giggle n' Bits 00:05 17 Nov 05

Are you trying to attach a picture to an email and its not showing ?

This is an option tick box in Outlook Express tools options and tick allow attachments. Think this is what you mean.

Carbonara 00:07 17 Nov 05

Think it is the recipient who can disable this.

johnnyrocker 00:12 17 Nov 05

i might not have made my prob clear enough my prob is when i open oe 6 and create new mail and then select insert to send a pic i select attach file which then takes me to any of my choices and i select the pic i wish to send, problem is it also appears as a huge pic in the body of the message and what i want to do is send pic attachments without impinging on the body of the mail.

hope this gives more info.

johnny.

DieSse 00:17 17 Nov 05

If you don't want it to display when it's received, try this - Tools - Options - Send - click the *HTML Settings* button - untick the *Send pictures with text* box.

johnnyrocker 11:04 17 Nov 05

unfortunately that did not work, i mailed myself after takung the actions advised and i still get the picture as an attachment and in the body of the message.

johnny.

ACOLYTE 11:12 17 Nov 05

Try clicking on add attachment insead of insert picture.

DieSse 11:14 17 Nov 05

Did you restart OE before testing it?

johnnyrocker 11:16 17 Nov 05

just had a look and cant find an add option, oe 6

johnny.

ACOLYTE 11:18 17 Nov 05

It on the top bar next to priority when you click compose it doesnt say add just "attach".

Diodorus Siculus 11:26 17 Nov 05

Does it work if you compose the mail in plaintext rather than html?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…