attaching pic and not have it appear in the mail

johnnyrocker 23:58 16 Nov 05

message as well, i am sure i saw a post recently about this but i did all sorts of combinations in the search panel and could not find it. using oe win xp pro sp2 prob something simple but would apprreciate a pointer as to how to resolve this

johnny.

Giggle n' Bits 00:05 17 Nov 05

Are you trying to attach a picture to an email and its not showing ?

This is an option tick box in Outlook Express tools options and tick allow attachments. Think this is what you mean.

Carbonara 00:07 17 Nov 05

Think it is the recipient who can disable this.

johnnyrocker 00:12 17 Nov 05

i might not have made my prob clear enough my prob is when i open oe 6 and create new mail and then select insert to send a pic i select attach file which then takes me to any of my choices and i select the pic i wish to send, problem is it also appears as a huge pic in the body of the message and what i want to do is send pic attachments without impinging on the body of the mail.

hope this gives more info.

johnny.

DieSse 00:17 17 Nov 05

If you don't want it to display when it's received, try this - Tools - Options - Send - click the *HTML Settings* button - untick the *Send pictures with text* box.

johnnyrocker 11:04 17 Nov 05

unfortunately that did not work, i mailed myself after takung the actions advised and i still get the picture as an attachment and in the body of the message.

johnny.

ACOLYTE 11:12 17 Nov 05

Try clicking on add attachment insead of insert picture.

DieSse 11:14 17 Nov 05

Did you restart OE before testing it?

johnnyrocker 11:16 17 Nov 05

just had a look and cant find an add option, oe 6

johnny.

ACOLYTE 11:18 17 Nov 05

It on the top bar next to priority when you click compose it doesnt say add just "attach".

Diodorus Siculus 11:26 17 Nov 05

Does it work if you compose the mail in plaintext rather than html?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch