Attaching keyboard to portable?

Simsy 15:38 29 Jun 03

Hi chums,

A question on behalf of my sister who is thinking about getting a new PC....

She's not sure whether to get a portable/notebook or a desktop,(i.e. non portable.)....

It seems that one of the considerations is the use of mouse and keyboard if a portable is opted for....

I believe I'm correct in saying that, generally speaking, most portables will allow you to connect a "proper" mouse, so you don't have to use the finger tracking thingy.... can anyone correct me on that?

Is the same true of keyboards? She is comfortabel with the "proper" keyboard she has and wants to know if it could be connected to a portable?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

barrie_g 16:09 29 Jun 03

Yes, your sister should be able to do this without any problems, at the very worst she might need to get a usb mouse and keyboard.

Megatyte 18:50 29 Jun 03

Every notebook I've seen allows for the connection of keyboard, mouse and monitor. Some of them have twin PS2(keboard/mouse), some only one. If only one is available and both are needed you can use a PS2 'Y' adaptor or connect a serial mouse.

AH

Belatucadrus 18:57 29 Jun 03

click here for a laptop splitter cable, I use one to connect a keyboard and mouse when I know I'm going to spend some time on the laptop, the ergonomics are much better than using the integrated keyboard and pad.

Simsy 21:14 29 Jun 03

That information will be very useful in the decision making process!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…