Attached Files

Phoenix40 21:02 11 Feb 08

Hello i wonder if someone can help me with this problem. I use Wins 98SE and I.E6. I play with PBEM files with several opponents. But in the last few days one of them, so far, seems now unable to send a attached file. He claims its with his email but i cant see anything, so far, we had no problems before, he's the only one, but there might be another when i get a reply from him. Is there any chance my AVG anti virus that does an incoming email scan might blacklist certain messagers? I hope this is clear for anyone to understand and can help thank you.

Sea Urchin 21:08 11 Feb 08

Are you using Outlook Express? If so, can you see the heading of the attachment on the mail you receive, or is it missing altogether? If you cannot open the attachment then close the email, and go to Tools > Options > Click Security tab > and uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Click Apply and OK. Then try to open the attachment again.

Phoenix40 21:22 11 Feb 08

Hello thank you for your reply. Yes it is Outlook Express. Yes the supposed attached file is completely missing from the email. I know what you mean by the security tab business especially with IE6. But no... the staple symbol that suppose to show an attach file is not showing and my opponent has to send it from another file upload thing for me to d/load it. I dont know if its his problem or mine hope someone can work it out thanks.

Sea Urchin 21:53 11 Feb 08

As you say you are receiving attachments from your other "opponents" OK I would suggest that it is likely to be a fault with the sender - hope you manage to sort it.

Phoenix40 22:10 11 Feb 08

Hello thank you for your reply. Thats what i thought, but unless he tells me what he has done i dont think he will accept it. He has just told me to d/load the Mozilla Thunderbird email system, well i guess i ll give it a try, thanks for your help anyway.

Phoenix40 12:27 13 Feb 08

Hello its concerning about the problems with the missing attach files on two of my game opponents emails. Neither of them can understand why its happening because its not affecting any of their other opponets theyve playing against. If there was anything wrong with their files would my AVG antivirus email scanner tell me, or would it block their files without warning. Is there a way i can check up on it. It seems to have started when i changed to AVG. Also i use Syngate firewall could that affect incoming emails with attachments. Any ideas would be appreciated thank you.

Sea Urchin 13:15 13 Feb 08

Usually if an attachment is blocked you would get a message saying "attachment has been blocked for your protection" or some such. If this problem started when you began using AVG I would disable the mail scanning feature temporarily - you will still be covered by the Resident Shield system protection. Go to AVG Control Center and double-click Email Scanner - click on Configure and untick Check Incoming Mail - click OK and OK. If you are still having the same problem you can repeat the process and tick the box again.

By the way, how did you get on with Thunderbird? I guess that it was no more successful.

Phoenix40 18:13 13 Feb 08

Hello thank you for your reply. Yes it turned out there was no difference with the Thunderbird in the end. But what i want to say. Is that when i first setup the Thunderbird it asked me if i wanted to transfer the emails i had on the Outlook site to Thunderbird, which i did. Thats when i saw one of my opponents who i had trouble with his email attachment appeared on the Thunderbird site. But this morning when i looked at my emails on the Thunderbird after they were scanned by the AVG email scanner there was no file attachments when the symbol on the side of the message said there should be, same with my other opponent, but it still allowed a file attachment from someone else, the two opponents said they havent changed anything at their end. I had turned off the scanner before to see what happened but so far i still cant get those files. I have done an internet repair and reinstall IE6 again, but the problem still exist. I would have thought someone else might have had this sort of problem from this website, but i ll keep checking if someone can help me thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…