Att Diodorus Sioulus.( Word processing package)

tonyx1302 16:36 02 Sep 04

ARE YOU OUT THERE D.S.Please. I have just gone back to your original thread dated 25/2/04 re. freeware for W.P. I am now in the same position, looking for a basic word processing package and am wondering which one you decided on and has it worked okay. I want one purely for letter writing but refuse to pay the silly price for Windows Office.

Many thanks

Tony

Taff36 16:59 02 Sep 04

Wait for Dio`s responce but click here will get you an Open Office Suite. No personal experience but others do say it`s satisfactory for their needs and it`s free. It`s available on the PC Advisor DVD Rom Issue 111 October 2004.

Diodorus Siculus 20:33 02 Sep 04

Breitling - yes, I am out here somewhere...

I went with OpenOffice as mentioned above and it is excellent - a large download though so if you are on dialup, it may be beyond your patience to download it.

If you want it, mail me and I will send it to you on a CD.

I also tried AbiWord and still have it installed:click here it's good too.

tonyx1302 09:53 03 Sep 04

Many thanks for coming back. I am on B.B and looked at OpenOffice through Google but felt it was a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' senario, so have opted for your Abiword link.

Thanks also Taff 36 for your kind imput.

Must go now. Letters to type !

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…