Ato complete forms?

gudda96 10:03 24 May 07

At present I am filling in lots of quotes online for insurance, can I configure to autocomplete anyway.

johndrew 14:33 24 May 07

If you are using Google then yes provided the fields in the form are set up for it (usually highlighted in yellow).

To set your AutoFill profile click on the Google logo in the toolbar, select `Options`, make sure `AutoFill` is ticked, click on `AutoFill Settings` and fill in your details.

Stuartli 14:44 24 May 07

From Internet Explorer's Tools>Internet Options>Content tab>configure AutoComplete as required.

Stuartli 14:45 24 May 07

From Firefox, it's a similar route but configured from the Privacy tab.

gudda96 16:08 24 May 07

johndrew

When you say Google toolbar, as I have Google as my homepage in Firefox, I assume thats the same but I dont get the option you say c/o the G. However, if I follow what Stuartl says about Firefox/tools/options, I see the tick is in fill in forms.

Stuartl

I dont have a IE icon on my desktop as I removed it but I went the route control panel/internet options and the tick was also in there but I am still filling forms in. BTW, I cannot find my IE EXE file to dragon an icon back on and its not in "all programs", any ideas please

Thanks everyone

Stuartli 16:24 24 May 07

From My Computer>Explore>C drive>Program Files>Internet Explorer, you should see an IE icon and iexplore.exe alongside.

Right click and create a short cut to place on your Desktop; you can rename the icon (if necessary) to Internet Explorer by right clicking on it>Rename.Delete highlighted text>Type in Internet Explorer.

Stuartli 16:25 24 May 07

>>>Internet Explorer, you should see an IE icon and iexplore.exe alongside.>>

...after clicking on Internet Explorer in Program Files to open it up in the right hand panel.

gudda96 16:38 24 May 07

Stuartli

Assuming that you are meaning L/C's on your advice, I get as far as IE folder but no EXE file there.

Can I post a p/s anywhere and I will show my search results also.

Once found, I do know how to send s/c and rename.

johndrew 12:00 25 May 07

You would have needed to download and install the Google toolbar for Firefox click here and there is a Google Pack also you may find interesting click here

After installing the toolbar you will find a new, coloured Google logo in a toolbar at the top left of Firefox. This is the `Google` you need to click on to update AutoFill.

johndrew 12:02 25 May 07

Should have said, if you wand the IE version that is available on my first link also.

Stuartli 13:23 25 May 07

I've always found that no matter how many times you type google.com it always opens up with google.co.uk

I assume it's an advertising thing...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…