ATi X1650 pro gfx card

clarkneil 12:34 06 Dec 07

After installing the grafics card i cant see the bios screen on start up, only fires up when the desktop loads!. please help.

Diodorus Siculus 18:50 18 Dec 07

Bump

citadel 19:29 18 Dec 07

is there not a message press f10 to switch to bios screen mode.

gudgulf 20:54 18 Dec 07

This might sound daft...but try connecting the monitor to the other connector on the back of the graphics card (you should have 2 there).

Not seeing the BIOS screens usually means your monitor is not compatible with or not receiving the VGA signal that the BIOS uses before the Windows graphics card drivers kick in.

clarkneil 17:39 22 Dec 07

Hi, yes tried using the other DVI output on the card but still nothing, it did the same thing on my old VGA monitor no bios screen on start up.. would be my luck that its a monitor issue as its a nice big new one..

100andthirty 18:02 22 Dec 07

Have you installed the graphics card after working with on-board graphics? If not, I'm stumped, but........

If so, the start up routine still thinks the on-board graphics is live and then, once Windows loads, the new software takes over.

Look in the device manager and check that only the X1650 graphics are there.

Then unplug the monitor and plug it back into the on-board socket; if you can now see the Bios, enter it and find the option that will allow you to disable on board graphics. Then refit the monitor cable to your new card - DVI will give you the best quality

citadel 18:05 22 Dec 07

is there just a black screen on start up or do you get the motherboard logo on a grey screen.

clarkneil 20:02 24 Dec 07

All sorted! thank you 100andthirty, your suggestion sorted the problem...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now