Win98 SE
AMD 2800 processor
256 memory
Asus A7N8X mobo
Ati Rage 128 Pro Ultra with 32 mb
Sony Multiscan 210ES
Liteon 24x10x40 CDRW
Unbranded 52x CD

This is my problem, My system freezes during games or internet activity, with a total lock out, the only thing i can do is power down and start the thing up again. This problem sorts its self out when i have uninstalled the Ati rage 128 drivers. The whole thing seems much more stable.
Does anyone here know what would be the best drivers to use, i have tried quite a few but they all have the same result in an unstable system. I can not put up with running my system in just 16 colours ! Its a waste of time asking mesh, although they did fit a new hd for me and that seems to have solved my other issue of the bad HD, but jesus was it hard work trying to get them to do anything, and when they did put a new HD in they installed XP again even tho i had all the relevant disks etc for a win98 installation. Wish i had been there instead of the wife :)
Anyone else have problems with the ati 128 cards freezing the system up ? the only thik that will work is the mouse pointer when it freezes. Also if it freezes with a game playing the sound loops rapidly like a faulty audio cd.

Hope someone here can help me
Thanks

Arma :)

OneSirKnight 12:52 13 Sep 03

have you the latest directx?
click here

citadel 13:07 13 Sep 03

guru3d.com has a forum on ati cards and drivers, there might be an answer there.

dempoe 13:26 13 Sep 03

I am using Direct x 9 if that helps :)
Anyone know wether the Asus A7n8X driver QFE win 98 drivers would make any difference ? if so any idea where i could get this from ?

Jester2K II 13:29 13 Sep 03

What size power supply is in the PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…