ATI Radeon 9800 XXL Graphics Card

Grass 21:39 05 Nov 07

Help please. I'm currently having problems with my PC crashing. The response I get from Microsoft when sending the error report is that the problem is with my Graphics Card. I've updated the driver. This is the 4th Card in this PC, all Radeon 9800 XXL 128Mb Cards.
Can anyone advise me of a compatible card as I don't really want to put in another Radeon Card.
The PC is a Medion MD8083, 3.0 GHz. Pentium 4 Processor.

squareyes 23:12 05 Nov 07

Not overheating?
Following looks like its similar prob click here

Zion_Lion 00:19 06 Nov 07

Is this an upgrade or have you used one of these cards for a while?

Grass 18:15 06 Nov 07

Thanks for the link squareyes, I'll work through this. My problem appears to be the same as in the link.

Grass 18:18 06 Nov 07

Zion_Lion, this is not an upgrade, I've had the PC for 3.5 years and it has managed to go through 3 previous Radeon Cards (all 9800XXL's. Whilst under warranty this was fine, however I'm reluctant to spend money on yet another replacement card. I'd prefer to install a comparable card but not a Radeon.

citadel 18:46 06 Nov 07

after a look on google it seems these cards have a cooling failure problem. try a nvidia card that suits what you use the pc for.

Grass 20:40 06 Nov 07

Thanks Guys, it is an overheating problem, the fan has stopped working on the card.

hansmec 01:44 18 Jun 10

I am now in the same situation as you were years ago.
Did you solve your problem ?
And if - how ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…