ATI Radeon 9800 XXL

bjussab 22:28 30 Nov 07

Help please. My graphics card has just stopped working i tried another graphics card in it but it did not work, i was wondering whether anyone could recommend me an alternative,
This is the 3th Card in this PC, all Radeon 9800 XXL 128Mb Cards.
Can anyone advise me of a compatible card as I don't really want to put in another Radeon Card.
The PC is a Medion MD8083, 3.0 GHz. Pentium 4 Processor.

SANTOS7 22:37 30 Nov 07

3 cards in the same PC there seems to be a generic fault, BUT probably not with your cards, the likelyhood of all three cards being duff is very slim indeed.
did you get any sort of error message before these cards died...

bjussab 15:34 01 Dec 07

no error mesage

the card i have has i history of failure its a fault with th efan built with it, it does not last long, (read that on another forum), but as my warranty is now finished i want to by a new one for time being while i save up for a new pc

citadel 16:31 01 Dec 07

put agp graphics card into google and take your pick.

six-h 20:46 01 Dec 07

bjussab,
I have the predecessor to your machine, MD8080XL
which has the 9800XL all in wonder card, since mine only has two VGA outputs, and no DVI, I asked Medion if I could change the card for one with suitable outputs, They warned that compatible cards were few, and that a wrong'un and the PC would fail to boot!
Not being particularly bright on the Tech front, I gave in and accepted the inevitable!
I seem to recall that your machine was basically similar,but with a scart socket,if so, the same warning may also apply!

citadel 21:35 01 Dec 07

have a look at the md8083 forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…