ATI Radeon 9800 XT Classic Problem.

AbodeMilano 09:49 29 Mar 04

It's a Hercules one. Basically on the SmartGart utility on the ATI control panel it always has my card on AGP x4 when on the Bios its set to AGP 8x which it should be. I set it to AGP 8x on the panel, comp restarts and then when i go back into it is set back on AGP4x.
Also on my Farcry demo, it gets stuck on the loading up when you start new game and then, the monitor goes into standby mode. It only happens on that game though. I am using the default drivers I got with the card. And may change back to NVIDIA for compatibility reasons. Any ideas?

V1PER 10:47 29 Mar 04

Does this card actually support agp x 8?
from my experince radeon does not provide good drivers you can try getting the latest drivers from the ati site and just trying those and not with the softare which you can also download which may be causing you problems with the freezing and restarting.

AbodeMilano 12:08 29 Mar 04

Yes it is an aGP 8x card, somebody suggested the drivers from Omega Corner. Apparntly the ar really good, and ATI have given them the best modded drivers award.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…