Ati Radeon 9800 All in Wonder - Video In ???

Rigga 08:27 01 Apr 04

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with getting video into an Ati Radeon All in wonder card?

First Problem: I can get the tv to work with the tv tuner, including sound which comes through my speakers which is fine, but when I record from the TV tuner, the mpeg file that's created has no sound??? Any ideas???

Second Problem: the purple splitter box does not seem to work.. I have connected a video recorder, using a scart to composite converter box, to the purple video input box, but I get nothing when I view the composite input, through the Ati TV program. I know the scart is working because if I connect it a real TV it works fine. Any ideas??

I can't seem to find any configuration options, and there is no manual!!!

Thanks all,
Rigga.

Tog 09:26 01 Apr 04

Go to click here select your product and download. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Rigga 10:56 01 Apr 04

Having read the manual, I've now got the sound to work... on TV recording..

Thanks..

Still can't get composite video to display or record.. anyone???

Rigga.

Tog 12:14 01 Apr 04

Would it have anything to do with the format, i.e. PAL/NTSC/SECAM settings?

Rigga 12:26 01 Apr 04

I've tried changing the settings i can find.. It's set to PAL-I at the moment I think..

But even if that was wrong, i'd still expect to see some sort of output..

I'm beginning to think it's either the purple break out box, or the video in socket itself.. I'm just not sure how I go about testing each one?!?!?

Rigga.

Rigga 08:59 10 Jan 05

Received Via email...

"Hello Riga, I have just installed an ATI Radeon 9800SE AIW and cannot get any video displayed when I input through the s-video or TV inputs. I get audio OK but the video window remains black. Is this anything like the problem you had? what was your final resolution? Thanks for your help Regards...Jackw"

Hi JackW,

I eventually found my problem to be a faulty scart to composite adaptor.

I would suggest that you try to install the latest divers first from > click here <

There is also a forum and FAQ on this site that is quite helpful.

Make sure you have the correct TV settings for your country / region. i.e. in the UK it is PAL-I I believe. Which can be set when running the TV setup wizard.

If that doesn't work, also try to install the latest directX from > click here <

HTH.
R

P.S. Sorry I haven't replied to your email, but I do feel that you will get more help from the forum in general, than from me specifically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now