ATI Radeon 9600 & FastWrite

livewire 10:28 26 Dec 03

I have recently purchased an Evesham voyager 6200 with an ATI Radeon 9600. When I play the game Age of mythology, the game hangs as soon as i move the touchpad. I searched the internet to find that my radeon chip is not compatible with age of mythology unless fastwrite is disabled. How can I disable fastwrite on my graphics chip?

Thanks
Dean

Big Elf 13:25 26 Dec 03

It's in the Advanced Display Properties under the SMARTGART(tm) tab.

livewire 13:28 26 Dec 03

Thanks for replying, but I cant seem to find the smartgart tab! Does anyone know where the tab is located? Thanks!

Rennaissance 13:28 26 Dec 03

i think it is in bios too. have a look round and you should see some options about your graphics card. Sorry i dont know exactly where.

Big Elf 13:30 26 Dec 03

Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced. It should be visible there. If not it may be that you need a driver and control panle update from ATI click here

hugh-265156 13:33 26 Dec 03

click start/run

type "smartgart" click go

Big Elf 13:38 26 Dec 03

I've just remembered that ATI used to point you in the direction of the supplier for driver updates for laptops as they were sometimes customised. The driver and control panel on the link I gave may not work with your laptop.

huggyg71 - neat:0)

livewire 13:49 26 Dec 03

Thanks for your replies

I have looked in the BIOS and have found no reference to my grapjhics card at all other than its name. I also typed smartgart in to start>run and nothing happend. No usual component missing error, just nothing. Would it be worth contacting evesham about this issue?

Thanks

livewire 13:49 26 Dec 03

Thanks for your replies

I have looked in the BIOS and have found no reference to my grapjhics card at all other than its name. I also typed smartgart in to start>run and nothing happend. No usual component missing error, just nothing. Would it be worth contacting evesham about this issue?

Thanks

hugh-265156 14:04 26 Dec 03

the only drivers from evesham i can find are for nvidia cards click here

try downloading from click here

livewire 14:09 26 Dec 03

Yes, Eveshm only have nividia drivers on thier website. ATI alwyas redirects me to my laptop manufactuer....Evesham.

after looking through this forum i hve found evesham support to take an active role in evesham related posts. This is most impresive!

I will e-mail evesham today and query my problem. Thanks for all your help so far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…