ATI radeon 9550 - 9600 by flashing bios problems

jpnapster 22:41 16 Jun 06

Right heres my dilema:

I bought a Sapphire ATI radeon 9550 256mb graphics card and heard u cud unlock and over clock it to a ATI radeon 9600 by flashing the BIOS. so i did this and when i restarted the machine the only thing i got on the screen was a lot of white pixels almost scrolling like the matrix. Is there any way i can put my card back to what it was or fix it so it works as a 9600 card?

In desperate help,

Jack

gudgulf 10:26 17 Jun 06

I'm assuming that the garbled screen occurs as soon as you fire up the pc,and that you don't see the computers BIOS boot up sequence.

If you backed up your original graphics card Bios (as you should have done) then you will need to flash the card again with the original BIOS.

You will have to do this "blind" if the graphics card does not function....ie boot from the floppy and type in the flash instructions without being able to see what is being typed.

If you dont have the original BIOS backed up the you will need to search the card manufacturers site for the correct one for your card.

If reflashing back to original fails you will have to accept you have broken the card and get a new one.

Incidentally you don't need to flash the BIOS to run the overclock on the 9550 as there are some softmodded drivers available and ATITool click here will unlock it.I believe Omega Drivers have a soft-mod option and are good modded drivers too click here

jpnapster 12:27 17 Jun 06

Yer i realised after i posted this last nite that i could do it blind. so i did with the original bios and it wrked, thanks for your help mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…