ATI, Nvidia info?

podlod 08:19 02 Oct 09

Hi, I have just acquired ATI Radeon HD 4870 2 gig vapor-X Graphics card, could you please give me a link to the site to be able to download the drivers in the future.

Is it now safe to remove all the drivers and anything concerning my old Nvidia Graphics card now I have this new card working?

I have trouble trying to find the new drivers for ATI that have been downloaded already on my PC?

I have something on my PC called Gameshadow, is it ok to remove or does it coincide with Microsoft?

Thanks for any answers on these subjects.

chub_tor 08:27 02 Oct 09

click here is the link for ATI/AMD drivers

Yes you should uninstall your NVidia drivers

ATI setup for drivers already downloaded can be found in your root drive (usually C:\) in a file marked ATI, just keep opening the folders

Sorry never heard of Gameshadow as I don't play games

podlod 13:03 02 Oct 09

Hi Chub, so if I play games what option do I choose 1 or 2 as it is slightly confusing to me. thanks again for any help.

chub_tor 13:53 02 Oct 09

Sorry but I don't understand your question about options one or two. Where are you finding that choice?

GaT7 14:07 02 Oct 09

"GameShadow is a gaming community website and freeware utility that keeps PC gamers up-to-date with patches, game demos, trailers, mods and other content for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 games....." - from click here.

The website click here.

Apparently it comes bundled with some games - according to one review click here. G

wolfie3000 20:47 02 Oct 09

ATI Drivers winXP - click here

ATI Drivers Vista - click here

Remove the Nvidia drivers then install the ATI Driver.

wolfie3000 20:50 02 Oct 09

Forgot to say the Drivers are updated on that site and you can use Filehippos updater to keep you informed of future updates.

click here

Simple to install, isn't bundled with anything and will inform you of any other updates for programs too.

podlod 10:13 04 Oct 09

Hi, thanks for all your help on this prob I had, and will now try Filehippo, looks interesting! thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…