ATI Low sound levels on DVD

son-of-a-gun 18:48 12 Jul 04

I’m using an ATI AIW 9800SE tied together using the internal auxiliary connection direct from the video card to the Sound Blaster live 5.1

If a record a TV programme and later decide to make this into a DVD the sound output is normal on the PC but very low when played on my home DVD player.

The normal volume on the TV, Video & DVD the latter with professional DVDs is on the numeric TV visual scale of 15 under normal circumstances. If I make my own DVD I have to turn up the TV volume to around 45 to get acceptable audio output levels, the maximum volume is 50 which is I think 25 watts / channel.

Is anyone aware of how I can make my home made DVDs sound output levels, similar to those you purchase.

Thank you for any advice
512 DDR (PC3200) 2x256
Sony 8x DVD+RW
Sony 52x24x52 CDRW
Raid-0 2x160 GB
Radeon AIW 9800SE 128mb
oh, and a monitor, keyboard, & a mouse.

son-of-a-gun 21:27 12 Jul 04

?????????

son-of-a-gun 14:20 13 Jul 04

Hello, is there anyone out there
over.

Sans le Sou 14:25 13 Jul 04

You do not mention how you make your DVDs

son-of-a-gun 17:37 13 Jul 04

Thanks for your reply both,
On further investigation I've decided it nothing to do with the actual making of the DVD, but more to do with the the volume associated with the in coming TV audio, this sounds daft now in bum end sight, but I realised last last night that I do have to turn up the volume on the PC, while watching the TV on the PC.

Therefore it seems like the volume is low to start with and this is then being transfered to the DVD with lower than expected volume levels, thus I then have to hike up the volume on the TV after making a DVD I would welcome constructive comments. Thanks

son-of-a-gun 18:03 13 Jul 04

"With the TV open, it has it's own volume slider, left to right, do you have it up full"

Hi crx1600 that was quick
I don't have, or can't find these above controls with the TV on.

Play control and auxiliary up full.
any other thoughts please.

son-of-a-gun 19:07 13 Jul 04

crx1600
Thanks for the information and more so the click here, I hadn't got any, of those red dots at all, but now got about 15 of them with higher PC TV sound volume, not sure if the DVD problem is gone but I guess this will go a long way to solve the problem.

Also it occurred to me just, I'm using a Win generic sound driver, the Creative live 5 said the driver was not signed for Win XP so I didnt use it.
I'm going to install the Creative software anyway now.

Thank you for your time and help. Closing post but I'll make another if problem still occurs later
Thanks again, son-of-a-gun

son-of-a-gun 20:56 13 Jul 04

Hi crx1600

Still the same problem with DVDs after download the latest MMC/TV
Going to uninstal and re-try the one the software that came with the Pc about 3-4 months old and change the pre-set to what you suggested SVCD.
Thanks again for your input

son-of-a-gun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…