ATI Graphics Driver crashes after D drive replaced

rangi 22:41 12 Jun 07

The DVD/RAM drive (Mat*!@:a UJ-841S) in my Toshiba Equium A60 laptop recently failed and a replacement disc drive was fitted (TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L532A). I now have a problem as follows: while the new drive is working OK, the ATI graphics driver crashes if I have either the Toshiba supplied Sonic DLA software enabled or I leave my 4 Gig memory stick plugged in for more than a short period. It may take 5 minutes or an hour but sooner or later the display suddenly goes very coarse and I get a message saying that the ATI graphics driver has failed and that I need to reboot to get the display to operate normally again. I need not be actively using the disc drive or the stick when the crash occurs. After the first crash, the computer crashes within a minute or two after each reboot and eventually I have to go into safe mode and do a system restore. With the Sonic DLA software disabled and the memory stick not plugged in, the PC operates normally. Can anyone help, please?

Totally-braindead 23:06 12 Jun 07

As a suggestion could you try reinstalling all your laptops drivers, or looking for updated ones and using them.

rangi 23:24 12 Jun 07

Thanks for suggestion. I did in fact completely reload the PC and checked for updated drivers. This unfortunately didn't help.

rangi 23:39 30 Jun 07

For the record problem now sorted. Toshiba Sonic DLA software evidently dedicated to the original D drive. I replaced this with Dell Sonic DLA. This works fine and graphics driver is now behaving normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017