ATI Graphics Card

marbles 15:24 22 Apr 08

I have just installed an ATI 2600 PRO Graphics Card AGP, now after about half an hour the screen freezes and goes blue with a message ATI file caught up in loop please reboot, anybody got any ideas. All previous drivers where uninstalled. And i've installed the ATI drivers again but no difference.

Ditch999 15:33 22 Apr 08

Try the advice contained in this post
click here
Especially use of the ATI removal tool.

beeuuem 19:25 22 Apr 08

You could look at click here

When I initially installed my 9950 card the display would freeze. Raising the voltage to 1.7v in the BIOS (referred to in para 3 of the page) solved that problem forever.

marbles 21:07 23 Apr 08

Hi guys i tried everything and it still kept freezing, kept uninstalling drivers changing settings etc but nothing, then i change from 8x agp to 4x agp and now no problems, very strange but will it affect the speed of the card?.

Terry Brown 21:20 23 Apr 08

It looks as if there is an imbalance (Bottleneck) in your system and 4 speed is the best setting, unless you are going to do high speed games, I do not think you will notice any difference.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…