ati drivers+hd tach problem

mft4 23:42 24 Apr 05

I dont know if anyone can help on this as its really wierd and i cannot understand it.I have a wd raptor ,and after a clean install i get a burst speed of 121mbs in hd tach and 65mbs average,my problems start when i install the ati drivers for my x800xt,my hd tach burst goes down to 64 and average to 58,i have tried 4 different ati drivers,but the same thing each time,and everytime i uninstall the drivers the score reverts back to the higher one in hd tach.i know this doesnt make sense,but its true,I would love to know whats causing this,if anyone may have had the same problem.PLEASE HELP.....

DieSse 23:53 24 Apr 05

Sounds like a software effect due to interaction between the two progs, not an actual problem.

mft4 00:06 25 Apr 05

I would firstly like to thank you for your amazingly fast response.a software issue sounds probable.does that mean that hd tach is giving a wrong reading?

DieSse 15:42 25 Apr 05

"does that mean that hd tach is giving a wrong reading?"

On the face of it, I would think it does - but it's really impossible to say from this distance. It just seems to me very unlikely the the Ati sofware is actually slowing the drive down, and more likely that the reading has been fooled. Which would also lead me to ask if this reading can be trusted at all.

I would suggest that you email support for the hd tach program and ask for their view on it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…