ATI drivers, are they an improvemenent from old

©®@$? 08:22 29 Nov 03

hi all

advice welcome

i have a few new games and my tnt 2 graphics card is just not cutting it.

im looking for one reasonably priced and good value for money around the £120 mark.i have always been a fan of nvidia especially because of the driver support.i have had ati graphics before but was disappointed with the drivers,this let the hardware down somewhat! but recently they have been producing good hardware at a reasonable price

so i'm thinking of an ATI graphics card radeon 9600 pro the card in mention click here and is at ebuyer for £117.. will i be disappointed with the drivers or are these catalyst drivers an improvement!

ATI users your thoughts please!

i have been looking at the fx 5600 similar priced but the spec isn't as good, and some benchmark results on the internet show that the radeon 9600 is a better card..just wondering about the drivers

your thoughts welcome

©®@$? 10:46 29 Nov 03

^

Big Elf 11:40 29 Nov 03

I've got an ATI Radeon 9000 with the latest (unified) catalyst drivers and I've never had a problem.

©®@$? 13:25 29 Nov 03

getting ready for xmas>?

cheers for the feedback..

anyone else

©®@$? 13:40 29 Nov 03

sod you all ;-)

Tyan Tachyon Radeon G9600PRO 8xAGP 128MB DDR VGA/DVI/S-Video/Hardware Monitoring Retail Box

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…