ati drivers

gingepaul 21:40 04 Feb 03

i have a 3d connect ati 9000pro 64mb graphics card and have the latest catalyst drivers installed, but there the built by drivers, not the powered by, now i firmly believe in if it aint broke then dont fix it but would i get better results from the built by [and also would the hardware dvd decoding and other features work better?]
cheers.

Giggle n' Bits 22:37 04 Feb 03

number there is no harm in trying them out as long as they match your Windows o/s and in your language UK?. If you "DO NOT" have the original driver on a disk for this card it may be risky if you carnt revert back.

When you get to the Driver download page it will give a date/file version you can check to see how old your current drivers are before by going into Device manager click the graphcis display then look for Drivers and it will tell you there.

gyper 23:01 05 Feb 03

The latest catalyst drivers are the best and most stable ati have produced in a long while. I would advise sticking with them.

gingepaul 23:44 05 Feb 03

u got me wrong, there are 2 types of cards, the 3rd party made from reference desighn cards, and the built by ati themselves cards, and 2 setsa of drivers, what i want to know is could these drivers i have be hindering me, as they are the built by drivers, not the powered by, and should i just stick with what i've got.
might sound a bit ponsy but dont really like installing and uninstalling drivers just to test, had all sorts of problems last time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…