ati drivers

harps1h 22:35 21 Jun 04

on another forum i have seen people discussing the merits, or likewise, of the omega drivers. i would like to try them but not sure whether they are worthwhile.
does anybody know of them?

stalion 22:39 21 Jun 04

do not know about them but site here click here

O-NO 22:49 21 Jun 04

Some people report that there game 'seems to look smoother' with omega drivers but with slightly less fps....

I have tried them and to be honest not noticed any difference from ATI catalyst, also included in control panel is an overclocking tool called Radlinker.

helmetshine 23:04 21 Jun 04

I tried the omega drivers some time ago....had no problems but didn't really notice any difference in performance either

hugh-265156 01:50 22 Jun 04

when i had an ati card i used them. they are just the same as the standard ati drivers bt 'tweaked' slightly for visual quality over performance. not so good for benchmarks but look a wee bit better in most games and play just the same. you can do similar yourself if you change some registry settings.

the drivers include radlinker which is an overclocking tool for your ati graphics card which works ok but i found better results from using rivatuner click here and a direct x tweaker that will show up in control panel but i dont know how to use that sorry.

give them a go. the main reason i started using them was ati`s and hercules (my ati brand card at the time)3.2 cat drivers were causing lockups and crashes with some games. omegas worked a treat. saying that later versions of the ati and hercules cats worked fine.

hugh-265156 01:51 22 Jun 04

ps. for all things radeon check out the forums click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…