ATi Catalyst Control Centre.

heavymetalkid 21:56 25 Mar 06

I've only just noticed a little on-screen icon marked ATI Catalyst Control Centre. When I clicked on it up came the control centre box. I've no idea what it is or where it came from. It's got 3d and video controls and a driver update section. I'm unsure about updating anything and don't even know what to update or where to start. Also, could I damage something? Can anyone help?

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:12 25 Mar 06

If you have updated your catalyst drivers the control centre comes as part of the package unless you just obtain the display driver via the dial up section. The updating you refer to is probably the next incarnation of Catalyst when it is released.

heavymetalkid 22:22 25 Mar 06

Greetings mate and thanks...no I've not updated anything at all...should I from the options and which?

Greetings mate and thanks...no I've not updated anything at all...should I from the options and which?

Stuartli 22:26 25 Mar 06

Unless you require all the bells and whistles for your graphics card, then the driver is really all that is required.

Full details on how to properly configure ATi cards can be found at:

click here

which is splendidly researched and written.

There is a similar piece covering nVidia graphics cards, plus guides to other aspects of computing.

heavymetalkid 22:31 25 Mar 06

Stuartli, hello pal...sorry for my lack of k wledge-not an expert. Are you saying I should update? If so which one?

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:46 25 Mar 06

If its working alright leave it, you have an ATI card, do you know which version you have - it should be displayed somewhere in the settings info. Latest version is 6.3 I think.

Stuartli 22:56 25 Mar 06

No, I'm not saying you should update if you are experiencing no problems.

In fact that's exactly the advice that ATi offers on its downloads page.

As Hertz Van Rentyl states, the latest version of the driver/Catalyst is 6.3 and was released earlier this month.

However, if you really want to try out the Control Centre, you can read up on how to properly configure it at the link I provided.

heavymetalkid 23:00 25 Mar 06

Thanks both can you tell me how to get to the settings to check for latest version?

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:32 25 Mar 06

control panel/display/settings/advanced/options. Probably a way in control centre but I still have ATI control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…