ATI Catalyst Advice

YAN003 09:49 14 Feb 04

Hi, here I am again looking for some expert advice..First my problem...having replaced a 9700 graphic card with 9800xt and downloading latest drivers 4.1 & 4.2 game keeps crashing to desk top and 800x600, reporting error. This however does not happen with the supplied driver 3.8 that seems very stable. I am happy to use 3.8 but question is will I be missing out on any performance enhancements with the latest drivers? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

SafeHaven 11:03 14 Feb 04

I am no exspert however my wife plays alot of games,we have found that updated drivers do not work with all games?? She does change the screen res on some games,cowever she has come to the conclusion Games+card drivers+win xp don't always work together, it may be worth looking on microsoft website to see if there is a fix for the problem you never know.If all fail if the old drivers work use them.

YAN003 11:16 14 Feb 04

Yes at the moment I have gone back to the old drivers and coming to the conclusion that downloading the latest drivers is not always for the best (In my case anyway). I also went onto windows update and there was a an update for 3.8 but when downloaded things began to freeze, so I have left alone. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…