ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 Pro TV Tuner not working

Hugg6ear 07:11 24 Oct 03

I have been trying to get this function working for a few months and posted this problem before, unfortunatley I have had problems with every part of this PC build to one degree or another, most stopping the pc working so this hasn't had my full attention. I am just installing 3Com 11g Wireless Office connect and thats not working yet, this 'plug and play function' DOESN'T very often in my case.

The problems I have is I can't get it to 'Capture' TV channels. I am now thinking that my problem with the TV Tuner is not down to installation setup problems. I am coming to the conclusion that the 'ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 Pro' TV Tuner doesn't work with XP even tho the spec says it does. I am not interested in game playing so this card seemed adequate.

I have posted the problem on several forums and spoken to ATI support who suggested all the same things as everyone else has, ie, get new drivers etc, which I have done.

Does anybody have any views on this subject?

AOpen H600B Midi Tower 350w
amd 2800+ XP 512kb
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP-A Ultra
512mb 333mhz ddr pc3200
DiamondMax Plus9 120GB SATA150
ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 Pro
etc etc etc

Professor Plum 10:23 24 Oct 03

I cant get it to work either, so I use iuVCR click here

Hugg6ear 15:53 24 Oct 03

Thanks Prof, I have taken a look at this. I am not sure whether you are suggesting I should just try the drivers or the complete package.

bfoc 11:29 16 Nov 03

I too have had probelms and discovered it was down to an incompatability between DirectX 9 and the Pal TV drivers.

I haven't yet fully resolved it but am alowly beginning to get it sorted. How have you managed?

Cretin07 11:32 16 Nov 03

does the tv tuner mean you can watch tv on it? maybe you have a weak signal?

Hugg6ear 19:47 17 Nov 03

Hi, I found this post on another Forum today referring to the inability of capturing non North American channels on ATI all-in-wonder cards:

I've just had the same problem. If you have the latest DirectX (9.0b) it stops the tuner from working.
Microsoft have released a fix, which solved it for me. Find it at:
click here

I have installed this new XP fix and it works, although I can't get the sound to work yet!!! Any ideas??

bfoc 20:14 17 Nov 03

At first the MS patch didn't work. I tried various things but, in the end, I had to remove all ATI stuff and re-install the patch and then install the latest graphics drivers and then install the latest MMC and associated programs in the order ATI give.

That brought back the TV and sound. However, it will sometimes just 'stop responding' and not let me change channels or exit it. Although the sound does work. In fact the sound will then continue to work even after I close the TV down through task manager, and will still work after I log off the machine. The only way to get rid of the sound is to re-start the machine!

Don't suppose it is of much help!

Tk_RiceZ 00:23 18 Nov 03

i've had thsi problem, i had to reboot to work mines as some of the automatic updates stopped mines from working, the sound problem is that you need to connect the black cable to the line in on your soundcard and then choose line in on teh tv setup. hope it helps....but updating it to the 9700 pro all in wonder cures all matters.

p4 3.3 ghZ, 1024 DDR 333 ram, msi neo2-ls, ati 9700 pro all in wonder, 2 x maxtor 120G HD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…