ATI 8500LE 128MB AGP DDR Card and ATI Settings

Giggle n' Bits 01:11 13 Mar 03

Just installed the last driver for a new build pc using WinXP, AMD XP1800 CPU, 256MB PC2100 DDR & ATI 8500LE 128MB DDR AGP card.

When I right click on the Desktop and select properties for Display properties all looks ok as it should where screen saver etc is but then click on Advanced display within this window/dialog box the ATI settings dialog box windows are over size and where the OK, cancel & Apply bttons are at lower of the screen they are covered over by WinXP Home bottom taskbar.

Only way to get to the buttons at bottom of the screen is to drag up this screen to max/off the monitor display.

There is also lack of Pixel adjustment settings just min 800x600 or something and max 1024x1??? nothing in between just two settings.
the Adpater MHz setting also seems a bit of a pain.

I did custom install driver as I was truing to avoid the ATI Media centre and the Hydravison tool for something to do with twin display which this card does have.

Can some one point me towards a setting that will reduse the ATI dialog/windows settings boxs with range of the monitor screen for ease of viewing.

I will call at ATI site also. If I do cure it I will green tickie.

Thanks for any help in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…