ati 200m xpress intergrated graphics

scooby43 10:22 18 Feb 06

I wonder if anyone can help solve an issue I have. I downloaded the new radoen drivers thinking they are the right ones for this card. I get the error inf error driver not found. setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adaptor with a standard vga driver before running setup. I have even tried notebooks with ati graphics on the ati site and motherboard any ideas. Drivers I have are 25 june last year 2005 and my friend has the same ati graphics with 4 jan 2006 so I dont understand why I cant update it. this is for my laptop.

Gongoozler 10:54 18 Feb 06

Hi scooby43. Generally with integrated graphics it's best to get the drivers from the motherboard makers site. Is your current problem that you can't upgrade the drivers or that you have part installed the drivers and corrupted the graphics? INF errors are generally caused by searching for a new driver, when Windows looks for a file with .inf extension, whereas graphics drivers are usually installed by running a .exe file. You may need to remove the previous version of your graphics in Device Manager before installing the new drivers, but the manufacturer should advise you on this.

scooby43 11:16 18 Feb 06

I am not sure if they are corrupted the drivers from toshibas website are junes last year even though they say relaesed 8th feb this year

scooby43 12:35 18 Feb 06

when I tried to roll back the drivers it asks me for ati2mtag.sys on ati technologies inc installation disk (video) needed

scooby43 15:50 18 Feb 06

scooby43 19:25 19 Feb 06

I have managed to get the later drivers from omega drivers thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5