Athlon XP2700 is not stable at full speed

mjreith 14:53 25 Jul 03

System: Athlon XP2700+ processor, EPOX 8RDA+ motherboard, ATI Radeon 9700 graphics, 1GB DDR400 Corsair memory.
I cannot get this system to play any game at the full clock speed; ie FSB 166MHz clock multiplier 13. I have to knock the multiplier back to 12.5 before it will run.
I have tried removing all additional plug in cards (sound,network,SCSI) and tried a different video card to no avail.
I have installed the latest BIOS update and am using the latest motherboard drivers and catalyst driver from ATI.
Any thoughts appreciated

skeletal 22:35 25 Jul 03

I have a vague feeling I have heard "things" about memory cards/DDR400. I am guessing you have two 512M memeory cards. Try taking one out and see what happens (and indeed, swapping them over, once you only have one in). Usual precautions about static etc (which I guess you know about, but I don't want you to blow your computer up with my suggestions!).

Skeletal

woodchip 22:42 25 Jul 03

Better still get cacheman.exe to manage your memory. How much stuff have you got on your HD, i.e "programs" not docs or pics or music or video's

User-312386 22:47 25 Jul 03

what a system

I would download DirectX 9B

woodchip 23:19 25 Jul 03

I still think it would be cheaper to buy a Play station 2 for games

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…