Athlon XP2600+ vs 2800+ (performance)

darkster 11:23 07 Aug 03

Hi all, I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is a noticable performance difference between the Athlon 2600+ and 2800+.
I have whittled down the choices for my new PC to two. Both have similar specs, it's just the processor speed that is different. Also, has anyone heard of the ATI Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder as I can't find any details of it on the ATI website!
Thanks in advance

Chegs ® 11:58 07 Aug 03

I would be very surprised if in normal usage,you notice a performance difference between the two CPU's.Review of the ATI card here click here

toothwright 18:41 07 Aug 03

Agree with Chegs
I recently upgraded from 1ghz Duron to 2400+ Athlon and to be quite honest it didn't make an earth shattering difference.
True, applications load a bit faster but then I don't play games (they are not allowed on my machine)but I suspect that if they were, I would have noticed a more marked improvement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…