//some 3rd party need geo

Athlon XP 2700+ - how noisy? Evesham cases quiet?

gdawg 12:42 12 Mar 03

Strange title for a thread?
I'm considering purchasing the Evesham Axis 2700+AE as reviewed in tn PCA April 2003, and I'm just wondering how noisy systems based on this processor can be - I have heard rumours that the cooling fanson Athlon systems can be less than quiet, so if anyone out there has a system based on the processor, or a system from Evesham, perhaps you could tell me how noisy these systems are? One thing the P4 seems to have in its favour is the lesser amount of fan noise!

Cheers peeps! :-)

goonerbill 12:54 12 Mar 03

its got nothing to do with the cpu or case, its all down to what fans are used to cool the system and no disrespect to anything made by evesham, but they are not going to use top quality fans and psu's in there systems as this will make them to expensive but then again they probably dont use the cheapest either. if ya want a really quiet system you will have to get the parts yourself.

Djohn 13:53 12 Mar 03

goonerbill is correct. If you like the look of the system, then go ahead and buy. If you then feel that it is on the noisy side, this will be down to the fans.

By replacing these basic, but fully adequate fans with better quality ones you will be able to reduce the noise to a whisper. My PC has 4 fans and is based in the lounge, whisper quiet. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…