Athlon XP 2500+ processor

K@$H 21:37 31 Jan 05

I have the above processor. can anyone tell me which is the best graphics card is best suited to my cpu?

Thanks in advance,

KASH

K@$H 22:40 31 Jan 05

hey could someone please give me some ideas. it would be a great help.

Thanks

Blitzer 22:42 31 Jan 05

I think you may need to post a few more details about your system specs and intended use for your PC before anyone will really be able to provide any constructive comments. Post a few more details and see if that improves the responce to your question. ;-)

K@$H 22:47 31 Jan 05

my computer has a 8oGB HARD drive, 512mb ram, AGP 8x slot, nforce 2 motherboard(K792 delta).

I want to be able to play the latest games but don't want upgrade my system just yet. maybe in a couple of years when pci express cards have really taken off.

Thanks

Blitzer 23:25 31 Jan 05

I guess I should also have added the question how much do you have or are you willing to spend? The problem with graphics cards is that you can spend anywhere between £30 and £400. I recently changed the GFX card on my other machine from a Radeon 9500 Pro (due to a fault with it) to a X800 Pro. The former cost about £150 and the later twice as much. TBH I had no plans to change the card so soon and only done so because of the fault (artifacts due to heat).

Needless to say the X800 Pro does perform better and allows me to play games with video settings cranked up, although TBH I feel a 9800Pro or equivalent would still do a very good job. Certainly I used to have no great difficulty with Half-Life 2 when using the 9500Pro.

Hope this is of some help, perhaps someone else wil jump in with some more suggestions in a moment. :)

K@$H 23:31 31 Jan 05

Tahnks man. I'm looking at about £125 or less.

I've heard that if Iget too much of an advanced card that my cpu won't be able to handle it. thats why i asked the question . i just want to know what cards my cpu can handle.

Thanks

goonerbill © ® 00:29 01 Feb 05

have geforce fx5900 (not the cut down version GT or something like that) on my pc running 2500+. plays farcry at fairly good rate (medium settings). dont know about doom3 of H/L 2 as use xbox for games mainly.

K@$H 15:05 01 Feb 05

Thanks man but, if anyone else knows, i was wondering what is the limit of my cpu? like if i get a 6800 then my cpu won't be able to get the full performance out of it. does anyone know up to which card my cpu can handle?

TomJerry 15:12 01 Feb 05

for your budget, ATI 9800 Pro which is loved by many games

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis PRO 128MB AGP,256bit bus,DVI-I,TV-Out, Lite-Retail £125 click here

Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB DDR 8x AGP DVi & TV-Out - Retail Box £130.08 click here

K@$H 15:24 01 Feb 05

thanks man does it need a separate power cable. isf so is it hard to set up and is it provided?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…