Athlon 3.1 ghz showing as 783mhz in system.

Emperor Penguin 13:02 PM 20 Oct 11

Athlon 2 x2 250. Why am I seeing 783mhz when I should be seeing 3.1ghz? When I boot up it says 3.1 but when I check again later it's saying 783mhz.

Les28 09:40 AM 21 Oct 11

Have you got AMD Athlon's Cool'N'Quiet enabled in your power options perhaps?

enter link description here

Emperor Penguin 09:47 AM 21 Oct 11

I can't see "Cool and quiet " anywhere in power options but right now it's showing as 3.1ghz so I don't know what was going on yesterday.

Les28 10:28 AM 21 Oct 11

All I could think off was either Cool'n'Quiet or Power Now being enabled and not having 100% cpu usage enabled in Power Options in Control Panel.

Don't know what operating system you're using,whether it's a laptop or desktop, manufacturers make and model which would give some idea of the motherboard and bios concerned, however this is the kind of advice for example for enabling or disabling Cool'n'Quiet or Intel's Speed Step in Vista, sometimes maybe needs disabling in the BIOS, however maybe it was just a one off blip yesterday as you say.

enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites