Athlon 1400 CPU Temperature

Gwent 22:18 29 Jan 04

Could one of you techie guru's, please tell me what the ideal temperature range for a Athlon 1400 cpu, (not an XP) should be.

Gwent 00:18 30 Jan 04

Can anyone else give further information, please.

Giant68 11:02 30 Jan 04

I would have thought that the lower the temperature the better. But AMD chips do tend to run hotter than pentiums. The maximum temps, as stated in [email protected] link are correct but in general use i think you should be looking at temps not exceeding 60C. I ran one for a while and it kept at a steady 48C no matter what i threw it. What temperature do you have?

Giant68

Smiler 12:27 30 Jan 04

I've got an Athlon 1200 and it runs most of the time at 48ºC no probs. If I overclock it to 1400 it runs at about 51ºC. It all depends on the fan(s) you have and the type of heatsink fitted. There is no ideal temp but as Giant 68 says the lower the temp the better but don't get obsessed with cooling as long as the computer doesn't have problems all should be ok.

mulligan 21:52 30 Jan 04

Mine runs at about 52 degrees with an Akasa AK 824cu 80mm processor fan/heat sink. It used to go up to about 70 degrees under full load with a smaller fan/heatsink although this never caused any stability problems (just worried me)!

Gwent 22:20 30 Jan 04

For your responses to my query. My CPU is running between 48C and 52C, so it looks as if it is running normally and settles my concerns.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…