ATAPI Prob

tinthedad 08:29 05 Jan 05

When I boot my comp whch has a striped raid config, I first get the warning Primary slave atapi incompatable, also my comp will not recvognise the CD or DVD drive. Help pls. Thanks Martin

Michendi 10:14 05 Jan 05

Martin, some more background please. Since when has this been happening? Have you made any changes to your system? New hardware? New software? Upgrades? What OS are you using?

tinthedad 13:11 05 Jan 05

Michendi, this happened in the last 2 weeks while I was away. NO hardwarw or software installed, but possible BIOS settings changed by my brave 11 YO boy. Using XP and any help would be great. Tin

Wilham 19:37 05 Jan 05

Is your mbd fitted with the IT8212 bios controller, which is common, I believe, where mbd RAID option is offered? The IT8212 is temperimental when more than one make of optical drive is involved. Install manuals warn you to be careful, which isn't in itself much help.

A solution suggested elsewhere is to separate the CD's, DVD's from the HDD's and run them from a non-raid IDE pci card. click here

tinthedad 16:18 06 Jan 05

Everything was all ok previous to my break. The comp is just not finding the drives.

tinthedad 04:03 12 Jan 05

Thought I would bump this, would love a solution, thanks.

Michendi 09:00 13 Jan 05

Problem solved yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…