Asus Z50RL

Daiol 12:11 20 Jun 10

I have the above laptop as a spare more or less,But it takes a long time to boot up.Running xp pro.
Done all the cleaning etc CCleaner eusing reg cleaner.Now regarding startup programs,Juast wondering has anyone got simmilar that can assist me with this startup section.
I have enclosed an image of my startup section via using ccleaner startup section.
So maybe someone can tell me yes or no to certain items that i have running in the startup.Thanks daiol.
[IMG]click here[/IMG]

northumbria61 12:36 20 Jun 10

I am on Windows 7 - I only have 2 startup programs enabled - Anti Virus (AVG) plus Keyboard/Mouse.
You can safely "disable" by right clicking on the program(s) of your choosing. These are startup programs not system files so your computer will not be affected - and should startup a lot quicker.

Daiol 13:28 20 Jun 10

SORRY,Its a X50RL Not a 'Z',Laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:39 20 Jun 10

atkosd2.exe = open office not required at start up

smserial.exe = phone software not required at start up

alcmtr.exe is a process installed alongside Realtek AC97 audio hardware and provides a monitoring service. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

acu.exe is a process belonging to the Atheros Client Utility (ACU) which is a program that allows additional for configuration and diagnostic functions on HP and Toshiba's range of wireless communication devices. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

ati hotkey poller click here
ATI Hotkey POLLER service is installed if you update to the latest ATI video card drivers. ATI Hotkey POLLER provides the ability to hot key your display settings for what ever reason you would need this feature.
Disable the service if you do not use hot keys for ATI software.

kernelfaultcheck is a process which is related to a 'dumprep' command and performs memory dumps and writes debugging information. I have this disabled

ATKMedia is used to open Windows Media Center when you powerup the laptop using the power key on the front dashboard.
unnecessary because the dashboard keys will work without ATKMedia. The keys will also work with Media Center.
ATKMedia does have a memory leak, meaning it will eat up more memory the longer the system is continuously run.

ablksr.exe
Something to do with the touchpad I think.

ASUSTPE.EXE is related to ASUS TouchPad Extra software.

Defender and Avast you must leave running

bthprops.cpl bluetooth only rquired on start if you are using bluetooth keyboard mice etc.

wcourier.exe is a process installed alongside ASUS wireless components and provides additional configuration options for these devices. This program is a non-essential process to the running of the system.

startccc startup click here disable

ctfmon = MSoffice disable

Daiol 18:42 20 Jun 10

Fruit Bat /\0/\,Thanks for all that info I followed the advice in question and all was working well.
But one slight hitch I had to enable 'ATKHOTKEY' as it affected the FN button on the keyboard.
Thanks for info great guns.
daiol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017