Asus Transformer TF300t and Jelly Bean and Battery

Dumfy 17:56 23 Oct 13

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help with this as I'm new to tablets and Android.

A couple of weeks ago I bought an Asus Transformer Tablet Tf300t and am very pleased with it.

Out of the box it was running Ice Cream Sandwich and then it did a firmware update to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 All went well but I noticed greatly increased battery usage since the firmware upgrade.

On ICS I was amazed at how long the charge would last having the docking keyboard as an extra battery pack. Probably lived up to the 15hrs life from fully charged.

Now however, by doing nothing different apart from the Jelly Bean upgrade, battery life has degraded significantly.

Anybody experienced this? I've done a fair bit of Googling on the subject and am baffled by some responses. Others give general advice about reducing brightness etc. I've considered trying to go back to ICS if this is possible? Is it easy to downgrade Android?

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…