ASUS Touch screen and W7

iqs 17:36 14 May 14

Hi, I have a ASUS S200E laptop,which is running W8 If I installed W7,would the touch screen still supported my W7 ? Thank you

wee eddie 20:45 14 May 14

Quite a few people have had difficulty trying to install W7 on W8 machines.

I believe it to be a poison chalice and not necessarily worth the hassle

Woolwell 22:26 14 May 14

I have the same laptop. Why do you want to change? Windows 8.1 upgrade works fine on it. You need to check whether all of the drivers are available.

iqs 11:04 15 May 14

Hi Many thanks for the help.

The reason for the change to W7 ,I have refreshed the install of W8 twice ,but it will not address the issues I'm experiencing with windows updates. Basically, the updates are not downloading .I ran the Microsoft updates fix tool,it listed many issues with corrupt files and services not responding. I cant update the laptop.

So I decided to bin W8 for W7

Thanks

Woolwell 12:50 15 May 14

I'm surprised that you have a problem with windows updates. I have had no snags at all. Have you moved to Windows 8.1 upgrade?

The Asus support site for the S200E only provides W8 drivers.

iqs 15:15 15 May 14

Hi, I was running W8.1 ,and worked like clock work. Things started to go wrong after the fresh install

I visited the ASUS website,yes,the site only provides W8 drivers

I'm currently in the process of reinstalling again.Hopefully this will work,third time lucky lol

If the recovery partition is corrupt ,then it looks like I will have to buy W8 ,I have an upgrade edition of W8 only being used on another PC.

Would my current OEM licence work with a retail OEM W8?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…