Asus sPresso won't boot

Amalric I 11:10 10 Jul 06

I got it about 18 months ago and it has always been slow to boot, requiring an undocumented foreplay dance which I had to discover for myself:turn on, hold down delete, when setup comes on, hit F10 to save, then quit setup, and wait for WinXP Pro to come up. Ocassionally it would stop after the quit setup and complain that "No MESA Partition Found. Will re-boot automatically". But, of course,it wouldn't, making me start the dance all over again. Usually a couple of dance restarts would be enough.

This morning, twenty restarts is not enough.

Any ideas? BTW: Dealer and Asus support are hopeless.

Amalric I 15:25 10 Jul 06

I found just after making this posting that the problem is that the batteries in my wireless keyboard have given our so the keyboard entries I need to make did not arrive. The emergency is over, as I can dance my way to boot up, but I still feel vulnerable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…