Asus QFan

I have an Asus A7V333 board and as with most of the more recent boards from them, there is an option in the BIOS for enabling Asus QFan.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has enabled this option and whether it has any real impact as my fan is rather noisy. I don't want to run the risk of overheating which is why I haven't tried it yet.

Many thanks.

clayton 19:45 27 Feb 03

I have it on my A7n8x & its does jack.

BigMoFoT 20:12 27 Feb 03

What it does is to slow down the fans in a standby state, i.e. when your pc is not in use as much.

The idea is that it reduces them enough to work efficiently but with less noise - it kinda balances noise/performance

And it does work - especialy if you leave PC on all day downloadin it controls the fans, but as soon as you touch a key or instigate a process you can hear them kick in!

froggg 00:30 28 Feb 03

crock of s*it-waste of time,and do you really want another possibility to overcook your comp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…