Asus QFan

I have an Asus A7V333 board and as with most of the more recent boards from them, there is an option in the BIOS for enabling Asus QFan.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has enabled this option and whether it has any real impact as my fan is rather noisy. I don't want to run the risk of overheating which is why I haven't tried it yet.

Many thanks.

clayton 19:45 27 Feb 03

I have it on my A7n8x & its does jack.

BigMoFoT 20:12 27 Feb 03

What it does is to slow down the fans in a standby state, i.e. when your pc is not in use as much.

The idea is that it reduces them enough to work efficiently but with less noise - it kinda balances noise/performance

And it does work - especialy if you leave PC on all day downloadin it controls the fans, but as soon as you touch a key or instigate a process you can hear them kick in!

froggg 00:30 28 Feb 03

crock of s*it-waste of time,and do you really want another possibility to overcook your comp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…