Asus P5N32-E Motherboard - onboard sound

Mort105 15:24 21 Jul 07

Hi All,

I'm looking at building a new system using the Asus P5N32-E. The motherboard has onboard sound which looks quite good from the description - should I get a seperate soundcard or invest the money in more memory.

I know that the onboard sound wont be as good as a dedicated card but does anyone have this motherboard, and is the onboard audio good?

I'm going to be using the system for games, software development and some artwork. I'll be looking at 2 or GB memory and an 8800 GTX grapgics card (adding a second card at a future date).

Thanks for any feedback.

Mark

mrwoowoo 16:04 21 Jul 07

the Asus P5N32-E has an 7.1-ready SupremeFX on board sound card. Onboard cards of this spec are as good as many dedicated sound cards and give excellent sound reproduction.This is certainly good enough for gaming and also for mp3 playback.
Unless you buy a high spec card i doubt you will notice any improvement.

mrwoowoo 16:05 21 Jul 07

p.s,poor speakers can ruin the best sound ,no matter how good your card.

Mort105 16:14 21 Jul 07

I'll probably pick up some speakers after I get the system. No rush as can do this any time and currently have a creative 5.1 setup.

I think I'll get more memory then or the ultra version of the GTX graphics card.

I've been looking on the Eclipse website and these seem fairly well priced so I might get one built to order from them rather than put it together myself.

I have a month or two before I can afford it anyway so got a little time to think about this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac